Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Buddy Walk

Saturday was Hailey bean's first Buddy Walk. It was really amazing to see how "normal" all those people with Down Syndrome were. I was apprehensive about going because I didn't know if I would just be crushed to see the reality of it or what. But I wasn't. If anything it gave me hope. Girls and boys running and jumping and playing and getting in trouble just like their brothers and sisters. I was exetremly excited to see how close everyone was and I know that Hailey will never be alone in her struggles.

During the walk people kept thinking that her grandma was mommy, because shes 43, and I'm only 20. People were shocked to find out that I'm her mom. That's another really difficult thing to deal with. I can't relate to most of the parents. They all have other children, some children close to my age. I only got out of high school a year ago and some of them are high school teachers. I would LOVE to be more active in the DS community around here, but it's just so awkward...I don't know, maybe it's just me?

Anyway I'm a terrible blogger but nothing much happens around here...EXCEPT that Bean is getting a tooth...IN THE FRONT. So that's 3 teefers now. 2 incisors and one in front. Whoohoo now she can eat "real people food" as I called it the other day. I ment "big people food" but it didn't come out that way.

I might go to bed, I might look at more blogs, who knows?!

*BE MY BLOG FRIEND plz?*

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I have you on my blog roll! :)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Hey! Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog! Yay for another blogger in Indy! Hailey is adorable and seems very lucky to have you as a mom. I'm glad you enjoyed the Buddy Walk - we sure had a great time. If you ever want to talk or meet up at a park or something, feel free to email me!